Menu

Add items(icon) to Ubuntu 12.04 Unity Launcher (quicklaunch)




Method 1 (easiest) đã test


For Netbeans and Eclipse based editors like Zend Studio or Aptana it is not too bad. I created a {name}.desktop files for each one and put it in the /home/{username}/.local/share/applications/ directory. Here is how I created a zendstudio.desktop file:
Note: If you want this option to be available for all users you can alternatively create the file in the /usr/share/applications/ directory, but that requires superuser permissions.
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Name=Zend Studio
Comment=PHP IDE for PHP development
Type=Application
Categories=Development;IDE;
Exec=/home/{username}/Zend/ZendStudio/ZendStudio
Terminal=false
StartupNotify=true
Icon=/home/{username}/Zend/ZendStudio/icon.xpm
Name[en_US]=Zend Studio
After creating the file above I rebooted. Following the reboot I was able to click the Unity Dash Home button, type “Zend” in the search field, then drag and drop the Zend Studio icon to the launcher where I wanted it to be. Now the application stays in the Unity Launcher.
For PHPStorm see method 3 below.

Method 2

Another method I found was to install the ‘gnome-panel’ package. (Actually it was already installed on my system for some reason.)
sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends gnome-panel
With the gnome-panel I was now able to create a launcher on the desktop using the command below.
gnome-desktop-item-edit ~/Desktop/ --create-new
In the create launcher dialog I filled it out as follows:
Type: Application
Name: PhpStorm
Command: /bin/bash /home/username/PhpStorm/PhpStorm-117.257/bin/phpstorm.sh
NOTE: You could use /bin/sh or whatever shell you use. I use bash so that is why I put /bin/bash.
To create a shortcut in the Unity Launcher I double clicked the new desktop launcher I created above. (NOTE: If you start PHPStorm by executing the phpstorm.sh you do not get any options at all when right clicking the icon in the Unity Launcher.) Then when PHPStorm was running I was then able to right click on the icon in the Unity Launcher and selected “Lock to Launcher”. Voila! Now I have phpstorm on the Unity Launcher.

Method 3

This option is built right into PHPStorm. The wonderful people at JetBrains created a handy item in Tools to automatically create a menu item for you. Simply click on Tools->Create Desktop entry…and now you can Lock to Launcher the next time you run it. Start the JetBrains PhpStorm IDE from the Unity Dash you can then right click on the icon that shows up in the Unity Launcher and select “Lock to Launcher”. The icon now stays there, even after a reboot/logout.
Update:

Method 4

See comment to this post below by Shinybird on using Ubuntu Tweak. (Not sure if it works, but it sounds good.)
Enjoy!!!

Không có nhận xét nào :

Đăng nhận xét